Monday, February 01, 2010

San Diego Marathon Training Begins!!

Today, I started week one of my 18-week Marathon training.  At least I did the workout, sort of.

I had decided last week that I would start getting up, ON TIME, to do my training runs before I even got to work.  Well, my alarm went off at 5:00 and 5:12 this morning, I got out of bed with a few explicitives at 6:00 a.m.  Off to a grand start, aren't I?  Ugh, I'm still in a dilemma of whether I should train in the morning before my day gets away from me and I'm so exhausted I don't want to lift a finger.  On the other hand, running after work is warmer, more likely in the daylight hours, and I can leave work by 4:00.  Ugh, such decisions, huh.  I am thankful I don't have tougher decisions to make.

I finally made it to the gym after a really long day.  Unfortunately, due to my IT band, my first day of training was spent on an elliptical training.  I was quite pleased how good of a work out it ended up being though.  So, day one is done.

To go along with my great training, I scarfed down a huge "caramelita" bar from Ideal Market (aka Whole Foods), a chocolate drop bar from Breadworks, and I think I managed to get some other chocolate in there.  How on earth am I going to cut my cholesterol down with that kind of diet.  That caramelita bar was so damn'd good though...caramel, chocolate chips, oatmeal (see some whole grains!)... YUMMY!  I can guarantee my friend Jeannine is cringing at this diet of mine.

I need to get back to my goal of planning my meals and bringing my snacks and lunch with me.  I did really well two weeks in a row and blew it the last week and a half!

What was my other goal??  Oh yeah.... Financial self in order... Got my taxes done and I'm getting a rebate!

Need to figure out an adventure for this week...any ideas?

Well, now that my day is completely over and I have at least 20 books/magazines in my pile to learn how to run, how to eat, and how to save.. I should call it a night.

No comments: