Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The third week... 15 more to go??? Fudgesicles.

So, I'm finally into the third week of my marathon training and I have already thought....

  • What am I doing with all this training?
  • Do I really need to qualify for Boston?
  • One of the FAQ questions is, can I transfer my registration between the marathon and half marathon.....hmmm, Good question.
  • Why do I want to do this?
  • Can I just decide to finish?
  • What if I switch from the Advanced I training program down to the Intermediate I training program?  Then I wouldn't have to run as much.
  • Why am I training in the winter to only qualify for another race that has me training in the winter?
Can you tell that I am extremely discouraged.  But, alas, I made it running again last night.  I just swore a lot as I ran.  The best part is that despite the black ice which shone in the moonlit night, I had a great running pace.  So, I'm thinking that when I'm running in warmer temperatures down to sea level from 5280, I'm going to kick some ass!!  I need to stick to this goal, and need to be reminded of this often, because I need to learn not to give up when it gets tough.    

San Diego Rock'n'Roll finally released their course today.  We start in downtown, run through Balboa Park and end at Sea World.  I will have the best coach in the world cheering me on as I run, my Mom.

So, my fourth week looms and I think I really need to find friends to run with.  Anything to motivate me to run other than the chance to swear a lot!  

ONWARD!

No comments: