Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can't believe I seem to have New Year Goals!

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but it seems that I have inadvertently started a few.

Goal 1: Get my financial self in order. I started reading Suze Orman's book Women & Money last week and all of a sudden, I seem to want to improve my whole financial plan. Leave it to this gal to get me motivated to pay attention to my finances! So, I seem to be on a mission to save more, get my personal papers in order, and understand all the money lingo better.

Goal 2: Run the San Diego Marathon and qualify for Boston. This goal began in September, but will truly start at the end of January. I ran a really good race in September and my time improved tremendously from the last race I ran. I haven't felt this good about running since I was a sophomore in high school and my 2nd Senior year at college. I got this hair-brained idea that well... if I am able to qualify for Boston (which I thought was a long lost cause) this may be the time to do it. So, I've signed up for the San Diego Rock'n'Roll marathon which will fall right around the time I turn 35! Now.. just to get my body in shape to kick some a$$. The only down fall to this is that the last three weeks I have been fighting off a stomach flu that sent me to the ER and a cold. Argh.

Goal 3: Plan my meals and grocery list. The idea behind this is to plan a weekly eating menu in order to save money and eat better. I did well the first week on the plan. Last week I gorged myself while on vacation in San Diego with my boyfriend's family. What a good time though! Maybe this will help me with my four-month check-up on my cholesterol. A gal can only hope.

Goal 4:  Get the Adventure back into Kristine K's Adventures!

So, I guess I have some work to do! Have to find a good marathon training program this evening and lay out my financial game plan.

No comments: