Monday, January 19, 2009

Merry Christmas (and Happy New Year too)

Wholly Cow, another year zipped by, and what a year it was! I had a great year and still enjoy living in Longmont, which has a similar feel to Chippewa Falls & Eau Claire. Kevin & I are doing great and I am so blessed to have such a great guy in my life.

This past year, I spent even more time on my house, in particular, my yard. Kevin & I installed sod in the backyard and, with Kevin’s oversight, Dad & I put irrigation in my front yard in order to seed it. Even though Aspen loves the yard, I think she misses the hiking that was taken over by gardening. I have planted an insane amount of trees, shrubs, and perennials and even have a small garden of herbs, strawberries and raspberries. This coming spring should be exciting for my garden. A few of the shrubs I put in last year bloom in the early spring and therefore I haven’t seen their full color yet.

Kevin & I went camping, mountain biking, and hiking in the Snowy Range of Wyoming for a Fourth of July getaway. Kevin and I enjoyed looking at all the wildflowers. Over Labor Day weekend, we traveled to Washington D.C. to spend some time with Kevin’s family. I had a wonderful and relaxing weekend with them and got to see some parts of D.C. I never saw before.

My family joined Kevin & I for Thanksgiving this year. It was great to have them all out and even better to have Conner running around my house. The last time I saw him, he was barely scooting backwards and now he’s walking and talking!! His word for everything he can’t say wais Dooahh, therefore that is my name. We all went up to Estes Park for the holiday parade which was so pretty with all the lit floats.

In June, I jumped to the other side and now work for the government. I am the Boulder County Regional Trails Planner in the Transportation Department. I really enjoy my new job and like to think it’s more suited for my personality. I am talking so much more with the public, other agencies, etc. than ever before. I think I also have a knack for planning and coordinating things (whatever it is) and enjoy doing that rather than always being behind my desk.

Have a wonderful New Year and God Bless!

~Kristine

No comments: