Tuesday, July 17, 2007

2nd door down, five to go. Ugh

So, I thought that after all the rigormorel that I went through trying to hang my first door, that the second door would be pie in the sky. Well, the sky is playing games with me. Last night, I started on the door and routered out all of the hinges. I had some hiccups with the router, but was well on my way once I got that figured out. I quickly brought the door upstairs and thought I had routered the wrong side of the door. I was in so much disbelief because I was so careful about it. I was so annoyed that I just left the door and hit the hay. I was so thrilled when I realized this morning that the door was upside down and I hadn't routered it incorrectly. Yeah for me!!

So, on to this evening's events. I finally got the hinges screwed into the door and frame. After much finagling, I finally got the hinges put together. I really could have used another hand to help me hold the door up and put the hinge together. What a pain. I went to close it, and it didn't shut. Ugh!!! So, I routered the hinges on the door some more, pulled out the hinges on the door frame and sanded the top of the door and frame. THEN, it finally fit. I really hope the remaining doors go better. This door hanging bit is just not working so well for me!!

No comments: