Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Longmont Resident!

Well... today started off with a bang, or maybe a whine, that would be Aspen telling me to get out of bed a good 20 minutes before I'm supposed to. Silly dog. I somehow managed to cram one our of work in before I closed on my Denver home at 9:00 a.m. I'm crazy, but when a job has a deadline and I'm taking off most of next week, I guess I have to be a bit crazy!

The first closing went on without a hitch. Other than me eating four of the very warm sugar and chocolate chip cookies. My Realtor, Lidoro, said he "didn't see them." Man, I wish my willpower over baked goods was that strong. That would save me a lifetime worth of unnecessary calories! After the closing, we walked through the house I was purchasing before closing on it. I let Aspen roam around in the weed infested back yard. Who knew that weeds could grow to be three feet tall. In a matter of about five minutes, I had already pulled about a 5'x5' square. At least now I'm weeding my own yard rather than some random neighbor's weeds as I'm going for a walk. This is what one succumbs to when she really wants a yard and has nothing but mulch to deal with... pulling other people's weeds. This is not pathetic, I swear!! :)

The second closing went fantastically too. Both my Lender and Realtor showed up with me. It was nice to have their support. My Realtors (Lidoro & Flora) gave me my first house warming present.... a garage door opener!! How fantastic is that?

On to the good stuff..... working on my very own home. I ended up taking over an hour to clean the refrigerator, just the fridge. I didn't make it to the freezer. I was trying to figure out how ANYONE can get a freezer that dirty. It was just gross. Fortunately, the fridge side is looking 400% better than when I started. I unplugged the fridge so I can continue cleaning the freezer tomorrow night. Man, I still don't know how a freezer can get so dirty.

The one thing I really wanted to complete, first thing, was mowing the lawn. Unfortunately, the lawnmower wouldn't start and the old fashioned push mower didn't have sharp enough blades to cut the weeds. So, my attempts were futile, at best. Good thing my Dad is coming out next week to help me fix up those things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congratulations on your first "real" home! Aspen and you are going to love it!