Monday, February 20, 2006

Less than 24 hours!!

We leave tomorrow morning at 7:13 a.m. and have less than 24 hours to get everything done!

LET THE RACES BEGIN!

Most would think that everything is in order and we can just relax today. Nope! Fortunately, we moved all of Kevin & Keith's things (excluding the kitchen sink) into my tiny place yesterday. I thought we were officially cramped when Keith set me straight.. 'I don't think so, there is still places to put your feet to get through the place.' We put a lot of things away so that it is now an organized chaos! We (along with Adam & Annie's wonderful help) cleaned their apartment to the point that it is cleaner now than when they moved in.

Today, is a day of errands, meetings, paperwork, getting last minute prescriptions, and yes.. Kristine still hasn't figured out what clothes she's bringing. One would think this is a simple task, but I still haven't been able to get it done! To put things into perspective, please imagine trying to fit all of your travel belongings (e.g. tent, sleeping pad, water filter, sleeping bag, clothes, books) into a bag that is about 2-1/2' x 1'x1/2' big (for those backpacking junkies, ~5000 ci). That is what we are living on for FOUR months. Makes buying all of my goofy baking supplies seem non-essential these days! In my defense.. you never know when you'll need a tart pan!

So, today will be just as busy as last week. Hopefully my memory will serve me better today than it did yesterday. I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from a good friend to make sure Kevin & I were still alive. In the excitement of cleaning Kevin's apartment, we forgot to visit our friends as we had scheduled two days prior. Doh!

In case you're wondering, Aspen is hanging in there pretty well. She has been nervously excited. Right now, she's waiting for me to get off my bum to go running with me. I'm glad that she will be able to stay with Keith in my place while we're away. That will make the transition a little less stressful.. I hope!

Well, errands await!

-Kristine

No comments: